Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Moon and I

For years I stayed awake for you my flame,
So we could play a game of hide and seek.
Behind the clouds I'd see you slowly peek,
And spotting you I'd laugh and cry your name.
And so each day you left and night you came.
Till once I saw a thing that made me weak;
I've since refused to play with you or speak,
Though now I know I've but myself to blame:
The pearly glow I thought was bold desire
To join your light together with my hell,
Was just your lover's, sun's, reflected lust;
I'd thus mistook the source of passion's fire.
I hope my letter finds you loved and well,
I've found in me a heart concealed with rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I review comments (due to spam) before posting them. Be it relevant criticism or praise, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.